Two wrongs don't give us rights.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Dan Savage is one of my favorite sex columnists. He doesn't pretend to know everything about sex; instead, he just calls it like he sees it with a sensibility that appeals to all without abandoning his own sexuality.

I've been following Savage Love for awhile, and I just wanted to direct attention to Savage's thoughts on Straight Rights (scroll down to the updates when you click the links):

"STRAIGHT RIGHTS UPDATE: I've been running around with my hair on fire trying to convince my straight readers that religious conservatives don't just hate homos. Their attacks on gay people, relationships, parents, and sex get all the press, but the American Taliban has an anti-straight-rights agenda too...."(read more)

"STRAIGHT-RIGHTS UPDATE: After tossing nearly half of last week's column away on a straight-rights update, it was my intention to give it a rest. In fact, every time I write one of these, I think, "This is the last one. Banning abortion, evicting unmarried straight couples and their children, moving to ban birth control—things can't get any worse, can they?

"Oh, but they can....": (read more)

Dan Savage brings up excellent points no matter what you think of his opinions. Many people feel unconcerned with the current administration's efforts to thwart gay rights, but it's only a matter of time before they start controlling hetero rights, too.

We all want to be equal. And it looks like if everyone's rights are deprived, we will be.

Oh, and take a gander at Dan's whole column. It's awesome. (Savage Love)


0 Responses to “Two wrongs don't give us rights.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


who we are.

Previous posts

history.

have a look.


ATOM 0.3


Blog Counter

Blog Flux Directory